We are dedicated to providing the best learning environment for students and young professionals, through the provision of work opportunities and providing a ripe environment for growth, developing new skills and developing the character needed to be well-rounded professional individuals; properly prepared for the world and work.
Our counselling department is looking for a suitable candidate to fill our annual post of Counselling Intern.
We're looking for a caring and professional individual who:
has completed a honours degree in Social Work, Counselling or Psychology or similar field.
is able to commit to the position for 6 months ( 3 days a week) - March 2020 to August 2020.
has a passion for the empowerment, development and growth of individuals and families
is patient, empathetic and a great team player
has strong time management skills & organizational skills,
is self-motivated, and an overall problem solver
has knowledge of therapeutic & psychoeducational interventions for individual casework and group work.
is an active believer in God and follower of Jesus Christ (we are a faith based organisation)
If this sounds like you, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Intern will assist with the planning and execution of counselling sessions that help our clients through a range of challenging situations.
- Intern will have supervised client interaction.
- Intern will have the opportunity to gain and sharpen their counselling skills.
- Intern will be able to make application of theoretical knowledge while engaging in direct casework.
- Intern will gain practice by assisting with client assessments.
- Intern will gain practice in maintaining case documentation and files.
- Intern will be given a special Workshop Programme to Plan, Lead and Establish before the end of their time at BLFC.
- Though this internship is unpaid due to BLFC's budgetary constraints, intern will have the opportunity to earn remuneration for work done in certain BLFC programme projects.
How to Apply:
1) Submission your application to by February 23rd (2019), with the subject heading: Bright Life Family Center - Counselling Intern.
2) Once submitted please fill out our intake form at the button below.