We are dedicated to providing the best learning environment for students and young professionals, through the provision of work opportunities and providing a ripe environment for growth, developing new skills and developing the character needed to be well-rounded professional individuals; properly prepared for the world and work.
Our counselling department is looking for a suitable candidate to fill our annual post of Counselling Intern.
We're looking for a caring and professional individual who:
has completed a first degree in Social Work, Counselling or Psychology or similar field.
is able to commit to the position for 6 months ( 3 to 4 days a week) - March 2020 to August 2020.
has a passion for the empowerment and development of individuals and families
is patient, empathetic and a great team player
has strong time management skills & organizational skills
is self-motivated, and an overall problem solver
has knowledge of therapeutic & psycho-educational interventions for individual casework and group work.
is an active believer in God (we are a faith based organisation)
If this sounds like you, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
Internship Duties & Highlights:
- Intern will assist with the planning and execution of counselling sessions that help our clients through a range of challenging situations.
- Intern will assist counselling team with administrative tasks
- intern will learn and sharpen counselling skills with supervised client interaction
- Intern will be able to make application of theoretical knowledge while engaging in direct casework.
- Intern will assist with conducting client assessments
- Intern will learn how to put into pratice the code of ethics during the counselling process in both individual and group counselling
- Intern will gain practice in maintaining case documentation and files.
- Intern will be assigned to and gain experience in a number of our key diverse therapeutic Programmes during their time at BLFC.
- This internship will offer a weekly stipend.
How to Apply:
1) Fill out and submit our application form below by February 16th 2020, Midnight. It's That Simple!